Nourishing Seasonal Workshops
Workshops with a focus on improving self-care, through experiencing the effects of meditative and mindfulness practices, and taking home suggestions for easy ways to start to incorporate these powerful practices your daily life.
Each workshop is unique, according to the season, but has an underlying structure of Zen yoga (mindful movement), meditation and Yoga Nidra (sleep yoga). Zen yoga is influenced by the oriental system 5 Element system of medicine, so we work with nourishing the organ systems associated with each of the five seasons – a lovely way to focus your self-care throughout the year.
Physically you need to be able to get up and down from a yoga mat – flexibility and experience of yoga is not needed.
Some of many benefits:
- Reducing anxiety
- Reducing the damages effects of constant stress and over-busyness
- Practising and experiencing the powerful effects of mindfulness and mediation
- Learning to activate your rest-digest mode so you can unwind properly when you need to
- Improving the quality of your sleep
- Developing a more positive relationship with your body and yourself
- Starting to develop a way to look after yourself
- Letting go of held patterns of tension and reducing chronic pain
- Releasing emotions stored in the body in a safe space
- Increasing your capacity for joy and fun!
‘I slept deeply for 10 hours after the workshop! Amazing.’
‘That was amazing! Thank you so much’
‘That was just what I needed.’
‘I learnt so much about myself.’
‘The workshop was amazing, thank you Heidi! I had a wonderful night’s sleep. Looking forward to the next one.’
Sunday 27th October 14:00 – 17:00
Yoga Nidra: The Sleep of the Yogis
The deeply nourishing relaxation of this ancient meditative practice is so needed today and many people find a session to be just what they need to help with overwhelm from busy lives.
Bring your duvet, pillows, blankets – whatever you need to be really comfortable lying on the floor for an hour. You can’t do it wrong – just listen and enjoy.